I was given this exact prompt last semester in Creative Writing B. I'm tempted to just copy and paste, but that's not fun. I'll reiterate the same points that I made in that post, but this time, to a new audience. I'm excited to see some familiar faces in the class, as well as many new freshmen! I've taken Creative Writing before, so if you have any concerns, do feel free to ask me.
Now to the order of business:
Four letters in Jungian typology define me: INFJ
Don't worry if you don't know what that means, I'll briefly explain. See this as a mini psychology lesson from your fellow classmate.
There are sixteen personality types in Jungian typology and they comprise of four letters.
First letter: I or E (Introvert or Extravert)
- Introverts: a person focused on their own thoughts and gain stimulation internally (usually quiet and reserved)
- Extravert: a person focused on the external world around them and gain stimulation and energy externally (outgoing, talkative)
Second letter: N or S (iNtuition or Sensing)
- Intuition: uses sudden thoughts from the unconscious mind to gather information
- Sensing: uses the five senses to gather information
Third letter: F or T (Feeling or Thinking)
Feeling: more emotional
Thinking: more rational
Last letter: J or P (Judging or Perceiving)
Judging: approach life in a structured way (organized and persistent)
Perceiving: approach life as each moment arises (flexible)
I'm an INFJ, nice to meet you. If you are curious as to what personality type you are I highly recommend you take this test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
Be sure to comment what you get if you take it!
All of the text above might be meaningless to you, so let me explain while trying to keep this hopefully entertaining and enjoyable. You didn't come here for a psychology class, after all.
I'm a fairly quiet and reserved person and won't speak much, but the few people who are close to me accept that and are happy to be my friends, regardless of this fact. I enjoy spending time alone. My room is my restorative niche; the place I go to be myself. I enjoy being by myself, but cannot be alone for an extended period of time, otherwise, I will feel lonely.
My intuition is great, but I don't take pride or boast about it. I am able to have a gut feeling when someone is wrong with someone. Something just doesn't feel right.
I am a highly sensitive and emotional person. I prefer emotional judgment over rationality and will often choose to do something if it feels right as opposed to if it's logical. I often need time to vent and unload, and that is done either through writing or reflecting and talking to my close friends. I'm lucky to have two close friends in this very class!
I absorb emotions like a sponge. There have been crazy moments when someone is just sad but not telling me, and I have ended up being sad. My intuition and emotions combine to form an emotional vacuum, and although annoying at times, it allows me to sympathize with people. I enjoy helping people with their problems for this very reason.
I value hierarchy and order, and I need a clear plan for everything. Some people might call it over-thinking - and to an extent, it is, but in a sense, it's just me being a perfectionist and freaking out about every small detail.
So that's a bit about my personality type. Now I'll briefly tell you about what I'm passionate about.
I LOVE PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THINGS. Passion fuels my energy.
- I enjoy filmmaking, cooking, photography, writing, design, badminton, football, and aviation.
- I enjoy spending one-on-one time with people and talking about deep issues and struggles with close friends.
- I love people who are passionate about things. Passion fuels my energy and intrigues me. I love watching someone who just burns with passion and drive.
- I enjoy playing video games with friends - that is when I will act the most extroverted.
- I enjoy reading and talking about psychology.
- My primary way of removing stress is a good session in the gym, writing, or taking with close friends.
- I love getting to know people on a deep level. Small-talk bores me to death.
- I love getting hugs, when I'm not feeling good. *HINT HINT*
- I find people fascinating.
That being said, there are some things which I dislike:
- I dislike "fake" people. (People who act or try to be someone who they are not)
- I hate people who have no respect to others.
- I hate liars. DON'T LIE TO ME. DON'T EVEN TRY. INFJs know when you are lying to them.
- I don't like people asking me why I'm so quiet. I don't ask you why you are so noisy, do I?
- I don't like hot weather. Yeah I know, a paradox, considering I'm living in Thailand.
THINGS THAT ANNOY ME:
- The sound of velcro. OH MY GOODNESS, please don't wear velcro tied shoes.
- Tangled wires.
- People who walk so slow in front of you.
- People who read messages but don't reply.
- People who cut lines.
- People who assume things about me.
What am I scared of?
This isn't really a fun topic to talk about, but I trust that you will respect it all.
- Fear of heights
- Fear of bees/wasps
- Fear of snakes
- Fear of needles
- Fear of spiders
- Fear of the unknown
- Fear of not being in control
- Fear of letting others down
- Fear of FAILURE
Favorite color: Green and Blue
Favorite band: OneRepublic
Favorite movie: Titanic, The Revenant, Whiplash
Favorite cuisines: Thai, Japanese, French, Italian
Favorite food: Beef Wellington
Favorite drink: Oreo Milkshake
Favorite animal: Penguin
Favorite dog: Siberian Husky
Languages that I speak: English, Thai, Mandarin, German
Sports: Badminton, Football (FC BAYERN MÜNCHEN FAN RIGHT HERE!)
Random obsessions: Elephant pants, dream catchers, MBTI, minimalism, Cinemascope
I guess after reading all about this, you realize how special and unique I am. I have come to terms with that this past year. My friends have helped me discover who I truly am, and for that, I am so thankful.
Sorry if it was long, I tried to make it as short as possible. I hope you take the time to explore my website as well!